We're sorry! This event is no longer selling tickets in advance. Check below for more information.
5 Reasons to Sign Up for this Event
1) It's a rare chance to enjoy a private, virtual dinner and whiskey tasting with America's leading Irish Whiskey Ambassador, Barry Chandler. More info below.
2) It's a delicious three course meal that we'll prepare together. The first course and dessert will be fully prepared by us. You will prepare the main course in real time with Fado chef, Jason Mrugacz. He will provide instruction, guidance and answer all your cooking questions.
3) After you enjoy your welcoming cocktail, you'll drink and learn all about three unique and sought after Irish whiskeys
4) All of the food and drink will be supplied to you in a convenient pick up package
5) September 17th is 'Half Way to St. Patrick's Day', a day when we would traditionally come together. The current situation won't stop us from celebrating this halfway point on the Irish calendar.
Barry Chandler is a native of County Cork, Ireland and is the leading independent Irish Whiskey ambassador in the U.S. Simply put, Barry has forgotten more than most of us will ever know about Irish whiskey.
He is a masterful storyteller who in 2020 alone has held over 50 virtual and live tasting events attended by more than 70,000 people!
Learn more about what people say about Barry's events and watch his weekly Irish whiskey chat at his website, www.storiesandsips.com. He's a fantastic host and we're excited he'll be joining us.
First Course: Cold Crab Salad on Garlic Crostini
This item will be fully prepared by us for you to enjoy as we start the event.
Second Course: Pan Seared Filet with Whiskey Mushroom Sauce, Marble Potatos and Vegetable Hash
We will provide all the ingredients for you to make this wonderful dish at home and provide a checklist of necessary kitchen items (pans, cutting board, etc). Jason has become a master of virtual coooking instruction. He will guide you through each step of the process, anwering your questions along the way. This dish will take approximately 15 minutes.
Dessert Course: Dark Chocolate Profiteroles
This item will be fully prepared by us for you to enjoy as we begin the whiskey tasting.
We will prepare a Jameson Caskmates IPA cocktail for you to enjoy before and during dinner. Then, we'll turn to the whiskeys!
Over the next 20-30 minutes Barry will tell the wonderful story and history of each brand while taking us through a guided tasting. There will be ample opportunity to ask questions and interact with the group. You will receive samples of these Irish whiskeys:
Red Breast Lustau
This event will be interactive and fun and will run just over 1 hour.
We will have all of your food, your cocktail and your whiskey ready for pickup from 4pm on September 15th through 6pm on September 17th. The event will begin promptly at 7pm on the 17th.
We will send you the Zoom link and password on September 16th. It will also be included in your meal and drinks kit. To keep the event interactive, we have placed a cap on the number of attendees so don't wait until the days before the event to purchase as it will sell out in advance.
We look forward to seeing everyone on September 17th, half way to St. Patrick's Day!