Workshop- Developing Pocket Neighborhoods
January 11, 2020. 9am-1pm
This one day course will focus on developing a pocket neighborhood in your community. You will learn start to finish how to develop a pocket neighborhood.
Topics that will be discussed:
- Design Theory / Principals of Design
- Layers of Separation
- Common space
- Zoning and Permitting Deep Dive
- Site Development Process
- Land Acquisition
- Due diligence
- Architectural Design
- Site planning
- Site Development
- Clearing, Grading
- Infrastructure & Utilities
- Pitfalls & problem solving
- Realistic financial expectations
- Babysitting 101
- Budget & Proforma
- Lending & Investing
- Knowing and Designing to your Market
- What’s the Market
- Community Engagement and buy in from the community
- Building a better development to attract the right buyers
- Principles of Co-Housing
- Case Studies
- Closing Thoughts & Next Steps
Optional Networking Lunch After (Not Included in Ticket)
All attending will get an workbook written and designed by MicroLife Institute as well as a copy of Pocket Neighborhoods by Ross Chapin.
At the end of the session you’ll feel comfortable about starting a conversation as well as looking for land or turning current projects into pocket neighborhoods to add to your community.
Early bird prices start at $150 and go up to $195 January 1.