Ice Skating Ticketing Solution
The Freshtix platform can be used to ticket many different types of events, and one of our favorites around the holidays is Ice Skating Rinks.
Have you ever considered an ice skating ticketing solution?
Many ice skating rinks still only accept cash on-site with no accountability and don't offer the opportunity to buy or reserve ice skating tickets in advance.
We've helped several organizations go from old-fashioned, cash-only, walk-up sales to selling both individual and group tickets in advance online.
Offering advance ticket sales online means we are able to promote your events through our local event marketing channels such as newsletters to hundreds of thousands of weekly subscribers.
We know the challenges and ice rink managers face selling tickets including:
- Balancing the number of advance tickets sold vs what’s expected from walk-up
- Knowing who your customers are. (when you sell in advance, you collect all sorts of customer data)
- Offering group sales discounts when ticket buyers select a large number of tickets
- Offering discounts to local businesses and their employees via promotional codes and other special offers
- Making sure ticket buyers know that the rink is always subject to capacity and that there may be a wait sometimes
- Understanding that people don’t always skate for very long
- Offering upselling of things like packages (s’mores), parking, skate rental, food and beverage packages
- Collecting additional information by asking questions during the purchase process such as “How did you hear about us” or collecting skate sizes or t-shirt sizes
- Offering tickets for skating on specific days or at specific times
- Offering open-ended ‘Skate anytime’ tickets
- Handling refunds, cancellations (e.g. when warm weather affects icing), and exchanges if permitted
- Creating a branded calendar page to allow for date selection
- Integrating with Google Analytics and setting up tracking links to track the effectiveness of marketing campaigns
- Issuing tickets to sponsors
- Customizing the print-at-home tickets with disclaimer information, a know-before-you-go, or selling the advertising space to a sponsor
- Providing a platform to contact ticket buyers in the event of a change in schedule
To start selling ice skate rink tickets to your ice rink or any other holiday event, create an account on Freshtix.com today or contact us.